Although evidence of large scale 9000 year old Mesolithic hazelnut processing was found on the island of Colonsay , Scotland, in our age producing 57% of the world total, Turkey is the main supplier of hazelnuts followed by Italy , the US , Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Awareness of health benefits specific to hazelnuts motivates customers to eat more of the nut , especially when they are linked to improved heart health or disease prevention.
Some Beneficial Properties of Hazelnuts
– No1 among tree nuts in folate content with 8% of an individual’s DV per serving (1oz)
– Highest proanthocyanidin content of any tree nut which may help reduce the risk of blood clotting and urinary track infections.
– They provide dietary fiber
– Particulary high in two minerals manganese and copper, hazelnuts also contain phytonutrients
– Excellent source of vitamin E and also loaded with B complex group of vitamins
– Provides 4gr of protein per serving (1oz)
– No2 among tree nuts , coming right after macadamias , hazelnuts provide monounsaturated (good) fats.
– They contain no cholesterol and no sodium
– Gluten free and 0(zero) Glycemic Index which may improve certain risk factors.
– Hazelnuts especially natural raw hazelnuts curb cravings.
*Safety Profile : Individuals with known allergies to hazelnuts are advised to avoid any food preparations that contain the mentioned product